Some of you may already know but for those of you who do not, the Minecraft 1.7 update is coming up!
What is expected from Minecraft 1.7?
Minecraft 1.7 is a very large update, one of the biggest updates I have seen for a long while. With it comes some of the following:
- New biomes, as many as 11 (Mesa, Savanna, Sunflower Plains, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Flower Forest, Taiga, Mega Taiga, Extreme Hills+, Ice Plains Spikes, Deep Ocean)
- Improvements to current biomes
- Biome categorization related to temperature (Snow Covered, Cold, Medium, Dry/Warm)
- Biome Placement, Stops biomes that are too different spawning next to each other, example: Desert next to Forest
- New blocks and items (Pufferfish, Salmon, Clownfish, Packed Ice, Podzol, Grassless Dirt, Red Sand, New Tree Types, New Flower Types, New Potions, Stained Glass[YAY!], etc)
- New Achievements, Changes to gameplay, bug fixes and lots of other things. Check all changes here.
What will be changing on LagCraft?
Take this poll:
When Minecraft 1.5 was released Lagcraft created a new map. This means the current Lagcraft Main Survival Map is 9 months old. This is not very old and we like to see maps get at least a year old before we even contemplate resetting.
Which is why we are NOT resetting the map. We are instead creating a new world along side the current one, allowing for easy travel between them and use of all the new biomes and features without sacrificing all the current hard work.
Note: This post is only regarding the Survival World. Bousecraft will not be affected since it's still a really new map and expanding it will be the best bet.
Whenever Mojang releases a new version of Minecraft it can take our custom server build and custom plugins a good week to update. This means the server will stay the current version till we are sure things are stable. So DO NOT UPDATE if you want to play on Lagcraft.
Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 03:06 Written by Jadedwolf Wednesday, 23 October 2013 15:04